Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arkansas Section Championships

hopalong

Well back home from a long week at work and finally have time to tell about the Arkansas Match !!!!!

David Hyden put on a TOP NOTCH match with the help of IPSCIRON2000 and a Quality crew.

9 stages, 7 field courses, 1 classifier (Melody Line) and 1 standards.

I shot on Clay Binions Squad and had Ken Spruiell with me so we could talk about stage "break down".

Jess Christian and Larry Treen shot on different squads from Ken and I and that was the extent of Revolver shooters.

David put out some extremely good stages that were not the "revolver unfriendly" type normally expected. Thanks David !!!!! :D

Larry broke his firing pin in his 625 and borrowed my spare to finish the match but his luck was not to be as he zeroed the stage with the broke firing pin.

Ken shot a great match, the TX star worked on him and he had just a few penalties but he shot a smooth consistant match otherwise, GOOD JOB KEN !!!!

I enjoyed shooting with you, I look forward to the next time.

Jess won Arkansas Section Champion and won 2 stages, I did not get to see him shoot any at all but if he shot anything like he did last year at the MO fall classic he shot Fast and Accurate but he could add some powder to his loads and jump into Major.

I managed to squeek by Jess for Overall Revolver mostly due to really concentrating on NO PENALTIES !!!!!!!! and no extra shots on steel and just let the times fall where they ended up. (IT worked this time)....

I have to REALLY thank Bruce Bethell, he managed to aquire a "loaded" Sprifield .45 for raffle and for some reason unbeknownst to me David pulled my name out of the Hat for it, Now I am the Proud owner of ANOTHER bottomfeeder :D:D:D Anybody know how to use one of them things???? :blink::blink::blink:

I was slightly dissapointed that only 4 shooters showed up to shoot their wheelguns, but the quality made up for the Quantity!!! :)

Thanks David and Ron for the High Quality match, maybe next year we can double the Revo Division !!!!! ;)

Hopalong/Sam

Sam

When you load that Springfield, insert the bullets facing forward in the mags. :P Then you have to pull back on something called a "slide" to chamber a round. The technology is 100 years ahead of revolvers, but I think you can pick it up if you apply yourself. :lol::lol::lol:

It was great meeting you.

The match was definately First Class. Dave and the Arkansas crew are one of the best sections in the nation. Ron and CASA are working very hard to become a premier operation. If you haven't been there you should go see what a great operation they have.

Alas, there was no Arkansas Revolver champion. All of the revolver shooters were from out of state! Wassup wid dat?

Next weekend is the last chance for practice before Area 4. I'll be in OKC Saturday then I'll probably practice my 50 yard groups for a few days until I leave for Princeton, LA. :wacko:

Man I hate 50 yard standards... <_<

Sam,

I, too, enjoyed the match. I also wanted to thank you for the loan of your spare gun. It meant the difference between spectating and finishing the match. Yes, I broke my firing pin, zeroed a stage and went minor, but at least I got to finish thanks to you. As Derrick said, you are a class act.

If anyone wants to try something really wild, go to this match and shoot revolver one day and open the next. That is what I did and, as one of my friends said, it was wacked. I had to completely rething everything from the previous day and it was a hoot.

Thanks again and let me know if I can ever return the favor.

Larry

Larry,

I'm glad I had it, you are quite welcome....

Man are you CRAZY ????

Shooting OPEN after shooting THAT match the day before with a REVOLVER????

That is HARD CORE !!!!!!

Good seeing you again, looking forward to the next time.

SAM

And, Welcome to the Forums !!!!

Edited by hopalong