Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trying To Locate A 25-6 In .45 Acp

Carlos

I have a 625 (a 1989 model 5") & it great for USPSA & ICORE. However, I just discovered that S&W made a limited production run of 25-6, Model of 1989 in carbon steel & a few of them were made in .45 ACP (according to the collector's guide). A search of the major online markets failed to turn up even a single gun. The S&W Forum is closed to non-members & they blocked my membership request on account of AOL. Anyone have any advice on tracking down this unusual gun? I don't need it, but would like to own it nonetheless. Regards,

D.C. Johnson

Carlos,

The S&W Standard Catalogue shows a 25-6 intorduced in 1988 made with an unfluted cylinder.

I've never seen one but will post the question on the S&W forum. Those guys will know.

Dave

That is the very gun I am seeking. I happen to spot a .45 LC one at the show & just kept thinking how sweet such a revolver would be were it in .45 ACP; low and behold a buddy lent me the guide & confirmed your catalog. Now to track one down. Thank you very much for posting the question to the forum. Regards,

D.C. Johnson

Carlos,

Another option for you would be a 25-2 6 1/2". They are also .45ACP. I shoot one and really like it. There are a "boatload" of 25-2 out there. I just found a used one and am sending payment out today. (I need a backup)

You can find the 25-2 from <$400 to >$900.

Dave

I asked the vendor for a price (for comparison) but he was not selling the gun; just using it as a model for the grips he was selling; if I recall, the grips were out of Germany & called something like "Nill" grips; the grips were modeled on the s&w "coke bottle" shaped grips & he wanted $210 for just the grips. They were, however, very nice grips. This was at the Richmond show last weekend. Regards, D.

Oh well, thanks for your efforts. I followed your suggestion re: a 25-2 w/ a 6.5" barrel & found an old thread on these guns; it does seem like a better & more viable option. As for that barrel length, it may seem a bit long as first, but I had to remeber that in revolver, everything happens just a little slower than I am accustomed to w/ a semi & would that longer barrel really slow me down? Besides, the 25-2s I saw on gunbroker.com did not have underlugs so there would not appear to be too much weight out front. I might just take the plunge. Thanks again,

D. C. Johnson

www.shootersparadise.com