Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Ipsc Match In About 3 Years

jnshapiro

I'd forgotten how much fun shootin an IPSC match is! I went to a local match today to shoot for this the first time in about 3 years. Signed up as L10 (only gun I have for this game). Had a really good time. I'll be back next time for sure!

I didn't give up many points, really just focused on shooting A's - and that's mostly what I hit. I took longer than I should have, a little practice will cure that. I even managed to put up a C classifier score. My percentage was higher than when I was shooting 3 years ago. So all that Cowboy shooting has been helping.

I'll do better next time. I don't think it'll be long before I start putting up B class scores.

I also had the pleasure of shooting with Adam Carlson, James Ong, and Dave Benzik (among others). It was really instructional watching them shoot.

See you next month!

Joel

You can check out the stages Joel shot his first match back right here:

http://www.actionpistol.org/ncps2005/may/nmay05.php

That's Butch Masoni on stage 1, Bob Hodges on stage 2, Steve McCormick on stage 3, your's truly on Bang and Clang and James Ong on Stage 5. If you build a stage at our club, we tape you shooting it and put you on the web. :D I'm not sure if that's an incentive or not.

Great job on your comeback, Joel. Too bad you can't wear two shootin' irons on your belt like you do in the cowboy shooting. See you next month.

David Benzick