Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil spring

RickyH

9 hours ago, johnbu said:

Doc, I'm uncertain in what way you mean "more accurate".  Are you implying lockup is erratic with the lighter spring or that the sights return to point of aim sooner with the stronger spring?  Not trying to pick a fight, just never heard that recoil spring affected accuracy before and would like to hear more about your experience.

I believe it is the lockup being inconsistent.  I have not tried the 8lbs spring in my main match gun, but I am fully satisfied with a 10lbs spring for the time being.  I may play around again with it when I'm done with my single stack adventure.

I rarely get "excited" about issues, but.... PLEASE! Inspect your locking lugs on the barrel and slide closely for signs of wear. A few guns have had the barrels with (piss poor) fitting and they don't engage the lugs fully. That gives bad accuracy, often slivers of silver metal. EAA will fix, probably new top end.

1 hour ago, Dr Mitch said:

I believe it is the lockup being inconsistent.  I have not tried the 8lbs spring in my main match gun, but I am fully satisfied with a 10lbs spring for the time being.  I may play around again with it when I'm done with my single stack adventure.

I have noticed excessive wear on the lugs, and an abnormal location for the wear on the rear-most lug.  Wear is rounding/battering, but no metal slivers, just deformation.  My match gun has awesome checkering though, and I am loathe to give it up, even as I am switching divisions.  Unsure of round count on match gun, probably less than 10k.  Will revisit later on.  Thanks for the heads up.  Maybe I will swap the top end from my practice gun and then call EAA.