Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optic mount for 226 with LCI?

gavagai

I have an old CA-roster 226 Extreme with the huge rising loaded chamber indicator in the slide. I used to use it for Production, but my eyes have gone now so I was thinking about repurposing it for a cheap Carry Optics platform. Does anyone know if there is a way to use a mount (any red dot would do) with such a slide? I have no interest in co-witnessing.

Alternatively, as I have since fled the state, is it possible to remove the LCI from the slide (a gunsmith, not me)?

I don't want to pay for milling or a caliber exchange kit, btw. I'd rather get a new gun at that point.

As far as I know, the LCI's are just held in with a cross-pin.  You should be able to knock it out with a punch.  There may be a little spring in there behind the LCI lever.

For optic mounting, there are a couple of different dovetail optic mounts that you can put in place of the rear sight.  I know Burris makes one.

Edited by JAFO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, mounted the Burris FF3 on the dovetail mount and zeroed it today. Works just fine and the mount is way clear of the LCI - thanks for the tip.

I'm still amazed how accurate this gun is, and 6800 rounds for 1 x FTE. If only I didn't malfunction.