Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Glide On Non-1911s Specifically Sigs

I have had some difficulty using Slide Glide with new SiGs. Generally it works fine on my 1911s, but on my Stainless SiGs it seems to slow things down to the point of causing some malfunctions.

Perhaps I'm using too much, or putting it in the wrong places or perhaps I just need to use lite even in warm weather.

Has anyone used it on other autos other then 1911s and especially SiGs and stainless SiGs.

SiGWolf

You didn't say which of the Slide Glide's you are using so try the lite next. I had a Limited 10 1911 rebuilt and it is so tight that lite is too thick below 50 degrees.

I have used the #1 first then during the winter here in Vermont I started using the lite. However, even the lite during the winter sometimes seemed too viscose.

I'm wondering if perhaps I'm using too much or using it in the wrong or too many places. I've been told I over lub the guns which is partly just a personal perspective, but I have had some issues which I believe have to do with the slide moving. I've changed to using a lighter grease and the problems were resolved.

However, I want to use the Slide Glide.

I like the product.