Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pcc observations

I shot a USPSA match this weekend with my pcc.  I was testing a new design of my +8 extensions.  One of my mags has a noticeably smaller diameter spring in it.  It also has less tension against the rounds when loaded. (I am running a colt style mag). When I dropped this mag, it will puke out rounds like a volcano. I am assuming a heavier or different spring will solve this. The gun ran fine in the first relay, in the afternoon relay I had a jam that was caused by the mag releasing 3 rounds into my receiver. Somehow the fired case found its way into the lower and wedged in front of the hammer.  Luckily it happened toward the end of the stage, rather that the beginning.  I decided to shim my buffer spring to limit bolt travel.  Was going to try a stack of quarters, but thought I would print a solution instead. I put a flange on my design to preload a little, but made a plug inside the spring to get the travel where I wanted it.  Version 1.0 was solid plastic.  Worked great, made the recoil much sharper. Made the dot bounce more than I liked.  Anyone else had this experience?  By the time I got to version 4.0 I printed the whole part out of a flexible filament. It is working great, I am going to play with infill to get it balanced right for me.  I an anxious to see how this material holds up.

my NFA billet Glock lower came with their hard polymer bumper which when used with the 5.2 oz rifle buffer and rifle spring (I shoot an A1 stock) puts my bolt about 3/16" behind the bolt hold open, just where I want it, even though I don't have LRBHO capability...after trying a very heavy buffer and .308 spring, I'm working back down the momentum spectrum, and can live with more dot bounce than I would like, at the expense of less wear and tear on the carbine...good luck with your printer... for me, though, I think more can be done with custom tailoring my 9mm loading.. my 129pf pistol load is still near 150 in the PCC, and just because I don't want to load two different charge weights, doing so will produce the most benefit