Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need A New Mag Pouch

MoNsTeR

I voted for the Giga great mag pouches...but the Limcat look pretty cool too....

AL 503, the brass ball is in two parts and they are loctite together from the factory, one of mine did come loose some red loctite did fix it...just look at the square brass part for the allen key screw :), they also have replaced the plastic ball socket for a aluminium one...

Cheers

Thanks, Dansy. I guess I have the older ones with the plastic ball socket. That's where they're slippage is coming from. I'll call SSI and see if they can do anything for me.

Yep, it's a CR belt (I won't use anything else!).  They were tight at first, enough that I didn't need the shims, but they seem to have loosened up for whatever reason.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I really don't care much for my CR mag holders. As noted, there is a lot of slop, and they slide around a lot (even on a CR belt) Spacers? These suckers are loose enough that the spacers fell out and have not been seen since.

The tension adjustment isn't very adjustable either.

However, I got these mag holders along with a 15 year old open gun. Did CR have an older model mag holder? Is it possible that there is a newer model out there?