Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help needed Old Tanfoglio race gun needs identification

JJFULL

Hello there guys, I'm new here on the forum. I bought an old Tanfoglio chambered in .45 ACP (because it was a real bargain, it also came with C more and 5 spare mags,and I was looking for a dedicated pin gun) at the local gun shop out here in Switzerland. I was able to test fire about 50 rounds and no issues what so ever.  I am looking to indentify it because the shop owner didn't now anything about it, other than he bought it from one of his customers, an older guy who stopped shooting. Seems to be in good condition except for some dirt and 1 missing screw on the C More mount

Looking for as much  info as possible on this gun...

thanks in advance

for your feedback

IMG_1536.JPG

Edited by JJFULL

It's a Witness Open gun from the mid '90s, I think they may have called it a "Silver Team".  I have a few just like it from '93 although mine have an older 3 hole scope mount pattern; it looks like yours has the current four hole pattern, leading me to believe it's newer.  Modern large frame mag wells/grips will fit it as well as a new top end in 9mm or 38 super if you can find one; Eric Grauffel is probably your best resource for parts in Europe.  Great find!