Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip Panel Change Legal?

bufit323

Can grip panels be changed on a production legal gun, assuming that they do not change the profile of the gun (no finger grooves) just a different material, texture, or thickness? Would this be legal?

Looks like you are asking about USPSA Production?

The rule book can be viewed on http://uspsa.org/

There is a button at the top of the home page that will take you to the rules section.

US APPENDIX D9

US Production Division

21.6 Aftermarket grips which match the profile of the OFM standard for the approved handgun and/or the application of grip tape or rubber sleeves is permitted. Modifications to grips, other than previously mentioned, not allowed, such as grooves cut to reach mag release or size reduction.

Looks like you are asking about USPSA Production?

The rule book can be viewed on http://uspsa.org/

There is a button at the top of the home page that will take you to the rules section.

US APPENDIX D9

US Production Division

21.6 Aftermarket grips which match the profile of the OFM standard for the approved handgun and/or the application of grip tape or rubber sleeves is permitted. Modifications to grips, other than previously mentioned, not allowed, such as grooves cut to reach mag release or size reduction.

Right, thanks guys, in followup, from which direction is "profile" viewed. As an engineer, I would assume this is a side view, thus limiting somthing such as finger grooves, but the part about "size reduction" makes me think that it could be viewed from the rear of the pistol.

I hope this is coming off correctly, I am not trying to be a smart ass, just making sure that if I change anything on my pistol that I am not breaking a rule.