Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tweak TTI lifter nose?

somebrains

I just installed a TTI extended lifter last week on a 93 M1 S90.

Had some issues loading, felt like the back shell was stacking up on the first.

Thought it was BC i really don't know what I'm doing dual and quad loading.

A week goes by, and the whole time I'm punching my bolt handle forward BC the lifter nose obstructs the follower enough that when I load a single shell, I can reach into the port and release it.  Rim of the shell gets hung up on the lifter nose.

Besides reinstall my stock lifter, any advise is appreciated.

I can take pics or link a clip later if that'll help.

Pulling the trigger group apart was educational when I first installed the TTI lifter.

Lost the carrier spring washer, that made ftf and fte go from seldom to constant.

Lost the axel c-clip, but that was easily temporarily fixed with a traditional c-clip.

Installing the heavier carrier spring from Brownell's fixed a bunch of existing issues made worse by losing a washer.

Reinstalled my stock lifter and shells stopped nosing downward.  Decided to go back to a Wolff factory power recoil spring.  The reduced power recoil spring increased felt recoil.  It actually ran a mixed tube of low recoil bird/buck/slug 100% when I was done.

Timing, it's such a misunderstood and critical operation.

I'll bend the TTi nose in increments, shooting it for feed reliability this weekend.  I gotta hide in a corner with a torch and a vise.  Hope no one notices when I hog out a couple holes in the shooting table ;)