Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC mag brake

brian45acp

I finally got 2 of these. 1 for my compact and 1 for my full size. I thought part of the benefit of the brake was to close off the area where the hammer spring is. These CZC are narrow and there are huge gaps that crap will certainly collect in around the hammer strut and spring area.

Everyone seems to love these so I guess its not an issue but I also never had an issue with the OEM brakes and they cover that area completely.

I never had issues with mags not dropping but I am more worried about the thing folding up in the mag well and stopping the gun. But when I saw the gaps I wondered why people never spoke about that.

I just worked over my slide stop lugs with a file making sure they dont touch the bullets any longer. CZ likes to move the rounds forward in the mag as it strips a round for feeding. Stronger mag springs and a polished slide disconnect rail helped that but also the slide stop makes contact. I havent seen anyone talk about that and it seems some slide stops are now cut way back from the factory but mine were not. I actually prefer to file them just right so that there is more material to engage on the mag when empty so it will engage and lock the slide back.