Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 SC State Steel Challenge Championship

Registration for the 2016 South Carolina Steel Challenge Championship match opens today at 5:00 P.M. You can register on the PractiScore web site

(https://practiscore.com/south-carolina-steel-challenge-championship-1/register).

Match Dates: Friday 21 October and Saturday 22 October. The match is an USPSA approved tier 2 (state championship) match.

Maximum Entries: 200 guns. Competitors may enter up to 3 guns; however, competitors can only shoot a division once.

Entry Fee: $50 for first gun, $25 for second and $15 for third (same as last year). Junior entry fee is half price.

Match Payment: New for this year is online payment. If you prefer you can still pay by check. Just let me know when you register if you want to pay by check and I'll provide payment details.

Lunch: One lunch ticket is included with your first entry. We will have a vendor at the range providing lunch (hamburger/cheeseburger or BBQ sandwich, chips and drink). Additional lunches are $6.50 and can be purchased from the vendor.

Match Format: Same as last year. Shoot four stages in the morning. Break for lunch/reset. Shoot four after lunch.

Stage Sequence for squadding purposes:

Friday Morning / Afternoon

Squad 1 - 5 To Go / Smoke & Hope

Squad 2 - Showdown / Accelerator

Squad 3 - The Pendulum / Roundabout

Squad 4 - Outer Limits / Speed Option

Saturday uses same sequence. Squad 11 = 1, 12 = 2, 13 = 3, 14 = 4.

Note: For Showdown we will use a single cone in the center of the array for low ready starts.

Prizes/Awards: Trophy / Plaque only.

Division / Class recognition policy:

We will recognize all Steel Challenge Divisions. Minimum of 5 competitors per division for recognition. The same applies to class and special category (Junior/Senior, etc.). It's possible these numbers will be revised upon the close of registration (15 October). At a minimum the following will be recognized:

Match Awards

HOA, 2nd, 3rd and SC State Champion Main match (This consists of all center fire pistol divisions)

HOA, 2nd, 3rd and SC State Champion Rimfire Pistol match (RFPO and RFPI combined)

HOA, 2nd, 3rd and SC State Champion Rimfire Rifle match (RFRO and RFRI combined)

HOA, 2nd, 3rd and SC State Champion PCC match (PCCO and PCCI combined)

Special Category Awards

HOA and High SC State Lady (applies to all 4 matches)

HOA and High SC State Junior (applies to all 4 matches)

HOA and High SC State Senior (applies to all 4 matches)

HOA and High SC State Super Senior (applies to all 4 matches)

HOA and High SC State LEO (applies to all 4 matches)

HOA and High SC State Military (applies to all 4 matches)

Steel Master requires shooting one center fire Open division (Open, Optic Sight Revolver, or Carry Optics), one center fire iron sight division (Limited, Production, or Single Stack), and one Rimfire Pistol division (RFPO or RFPI).

Rifle Master requires competitor to shoot one Rimfire Rifle division (RFRO or RFRI) and one Pistol Caliber Carbine division (PCCO or PCCI). Lowest combined times will be declared Rifle Master.

Match Shirts: Similiar design as last year but now you have a choice between cotton or dry-fit in blue, grey, or white. Cotton shirts are $10 per shirt and dry-fit are $15 per shirt. We only order shirts for those requesting them so if you want one please order it when you sign up.

Match Staff slots: I need 16 USPSA certified RO's to run stages. I would like to have 8 on Friday and 8 on Saturday. For running a stage you'll get your first match fee comped, a t-shirt, lunch and all the fame and glory that comes with running stages :).

Please share this information with your shooting friends. I'd love to have all 200 slots filled this year. Looking forward to seeing and shooting with you in October.

Oh and I've saved the best for last - No Mosquitos! As part of our range maintenance we now have all bays sprayed so we shouldn't be eaten alive again this year.

• 2 weeks later...