Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got a Open gun twice!

VR4154

Posted a thread on getting a open gun. Was confronted via IM from a member here named Open gun. Stated he had a gun to sell. Asked for pics and tolerance of said gun. Told him I wasn't worried about finish. More about quality and tolerance. Paid $2300.

3cb0a691cc7731b25ae063db56f91405.jpg

When I got it the tolerance was horrible. Shot 500 rounds and the slide cracked.

c1dcd2eec56d8d87b7a2f85a2e53cb3a.jpg

Contacted Opengun about it and he paid a 1/4 of what it cost to build a new top. He had just got the gun from another shooter. Who I still don't know.

Had JPL presion looked at it and built me a new top. JPL presion said the person who built the old top didn't know what he was doing.

Got my gun back from JPL pesion and now it's time for some brake in. This is a way better gun then what was . Perceived on the first one.

dc68af9ae626fa43aceae2570a36e0c1.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

nice looking blaster.

With that said, I don't understand how a crack on the front of the port has anything to do with someone building a gun. It doesn't appear to be milled down or anything to where it would kill a slide. But I also don't know what horrible tolerance means either. Did the whole gun rattle like a salt shaker or something?

Yes, also the up and down tolerance was bad. Not sure the exact numbers JPL stated for the slide to frame fit but it bad be stated. I will see if John can give more details. All I know is it's on point now.

As for building a new gun, the fact it had to be done after shooting 500 rounds. Was told the round count wasn't high just didn't know. All is well though.

Yes, also the up and down tolerance was bad. Not sure the exact numbers JPL stated for the slide to frame fit but it bad be stated. I will see if John can give more details. All I know is it's on point now.

As for building a new gun, the fact it had to be done after shooting 500 rounds. Was told the round count wasn't high just didn't know. All is well though.