Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where I Work

DougBarnes101

I work for a company that does a lot of industrial work and we work for several companies that we use AR plate to rebuld stone and gravel hoppers. I happened to hear a couple of the other project managers talking to a salesman about the price on AR plate and asked if they had a project coming up because I wanted to add a few square feet to the order .(Wanted to make some full size USPSA targets) Well they were just shopping but asked what I needed the plate for and I told them I wanted to make some steel targets. They told me to bring in what I needed there may be some left overs in the shop. So I did. That was about a week ago and this morning one of the guys from the shop came in and said that the plates were done. I take my truck around and I have 3 full size 3/4" USPSA Targets almost ready to go. (Ihave to drill a hole to mount them on a stand) If I had known I would have told them 3/8" to 1/2" would have been plenty but hey for free I'm not going to complain. They are heavy but I will just figure setting them up and taking them down to be part of the work out. These ought to outlast me, my kids and there kids. Some times you just get lucky! :D

Well before I do that I will probably set up Merles Standards. After 80 penalty points this weekend at South Central (7misses 1 extra shot) I will probably work on that one. With steel I don't have to walk 35 yards to check my hits.

I will see you on the 20th. I will be shooting with you and Rhino at the KY state match.