Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GMR-13 Safety Removal

jliew08

Hey guys. Wanting to swap out the factory ambi safety from JP with a 45 degree selector. I emailed JP a few weeks ago and they said it should work. I've built one AR in the past and it's been awhile. Can't find anything about the JP selector so apologies in advanced if this is a noob question and I'm missing something obvious.

Took the grip off, detent out, and the actual levers. I can't figure out how to get the cylinder out though.

Thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

JP Safety drums are set up with an adjustment screw. This allows perfect engagement of the safety and trigger. If you look inside the drum there is a brass set screw that holds the adjustment screw in place. Loosen that then back out the adjustment screw. Hope this helps.

JP Safety drums are set up with an adjustment screw. This allows perfect engagement of the safety and trigger. If you look inside the drum there is a brass set screw that holds the adjustment screw in place. Loosen that then back out the adjustment screw. Hope this helps.

Thank you. Got the set screw out but now I can't get the actual cylinder out. Looks like it's catching on the outside of the cylinder because they're flared.

Does it have the JP EZ trigger installed or something else? It's possible the pre-travel adjustment screw has moved the tail of the trigger high enough to prevent removal of the safety drum.

Just the standard JP trigger. Thanks for all the help so far.

You need to remove the trigger pin so the tail of the trigger can be moved forward and down to allow the selector barrel to pass through and make sure you have the safety screw removed or turned in so it will clear. :cheers:

You need to remove the trigger pin so the tail of the trigger can be moved forward and down to allow the selector barrel to pass through and make sure you have the safety screw removed or turned in so it will clear. :cheers:

There it was! Thank you. Finally got it installed.