Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS2 Upgrade Question

Jimbo76

I have two RTS2 sights and both have been back for upgrades. I started this thread to find out how you can tell if you have the latest and hopefully best setup. My first one has a lower and upper tab in the battery contact area and the battery tray is open on both top and bottom. My second one has both battery tabs and a piece of thin gray plastic under the lower tab. The battery tray is very different and it has only a small rectangular area for the bottom of the battery to make contact. The battery fits so tight in this one you could break the tray getting it out. It seems the main problem with the sight is loosing battery contact causing the sight to reset. Probably why the different battery tray designs. Hopefully someone can reply with which is the latest and best setup. I like the sight and I would like to hear what the latest models are like. Also is the new glass tinted or clear. Mine have a slight tint.

The latest fix has the rectangular area. I have it on one scope that has been reliable. Knock on wood. My other RTS2 is older and goes back to C More tomorrow.