Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil spring plug for my 9mm 2011 bushing barrel with guide rod quest

lucas

Unlike reverse plugs for my bull barrel 2011's with guide rod and my spring plug guns with bushing with out guide rods, the spring plug on my 9mm can't come any where near touching the back of the guide rod.

Does it matter that my guide is the Dawson tool less for bushing barrel? Also, if I am supposed to clip several coils off the recoil spring will it lessen the poundage? If clipping is necessary ,it would be several coils, like I said, it's not even close to bottoming out.

Basically I'm asking if it is normal with a Dawson tool-less guide rod for the spring plug to not bottom out on the guide.

I thought if the spring plug did not, it meant the spring was to long, am I wrong?

The gun shoots fine, but I'm worried I might ruin something.

I don't know if this is a clue but I took the guide out, reassemble the gun ,pulled the slide all the way back and marked it on the frame. I reinstalled the guide and the slide pulled back to within 1/8 inch of the mark.

Well, I went through the frequently asked questions, the spring thead from the beginning, other forums including u-tube and have performed three of the most common ways to check for recoil bind and nothing is wrong. However, my Dawson tool-less guide rod for bushing gun does not allow the spring plug to bottom out on the guide rod plug. I guess using the Dawson tool- less is the exception to the rule about spring plugs should come in contact with the guide rod head to prevent spring bind.