Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Choosing a 10mm

Bluefish

Hi, new here but not to 10mm. Have a 1066, kimber eclipse, and both the 20 and 29 glocks.

I want a witness to target shoot with that will handle hot loads.

I don't want to drop a ton of cash, been looking at limited pro and the stock 1.

I see the differences as stated on website but want to know what you find the differences to be. Also, if saving a bit more cash would benefit me, which other model would you select. They look like great guns and I look forward to owning one. Thanks in advance. Russ

Don't forget to visit us over on www.10mm-firearms.com !!

I have owned these EAA 10mm's - Match, Limited Pro, Hunter, Limited and Polymer. I still have the Limited, Limited Pro and Hunter.

Bang for the buck is the Match. I would toss out the new Grand Power 10mm, but it's not all that much cheaper at $679. All of my EAA pieces have been excellent shooters and handle full-power 10mm just fine with a recoil spring and Henning cone guide rod.

Thanks for the reply, I think I am a member there, I know all your work and have seen your results on 10 ring. I have about 900$ available and wanted something a bit "nicer".

What would you grab in that range? If you think the match is the way to go I could always grab 5 or 6 boxes of underwood. Thanks, Russ

Single action only would be the Match. If you want a killer DA/SA the Limited Pro is very nice! Every so often you can find a Stock II in 10mm at that price.

So between the limited pro and the stock 2 which way would you go? I am on buds, Davidson and oak Hill right now. Leaning towards a lifetime warranty as eaa warranty troubles me.

Thanks again, Russ

Edited by Bluefish

The Stock II has a bull barrel which should help to slow unlocking. I would also contact Henning for advice and see if he still has any flàt bottom firing pin stops for sale and use his guild rod that spreads the recoil forces of the slide over a larger area of the frame. A stronger recoil spring and a buffer will help too.