Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bondic light setting adhesive, mount handles on case thrimmers

I ordered the Bondic brand adhesive from Amazon, they have a couple of good deals and with the prime membership shipping is free.
I ordered the one set that came with two extra tubes of the adhesive. For a lot less than the TV version.
FullSizeRender%2025_2.jpg
I wanted to use it on my case trimmers I have dedicated ones for the desert Eagle .50A.E. and the .50 Beowulf, I put something to act like handles on each and then I can keep both the shell holder and base together with the large trimmer and proper cal bar. In the re-purposed drill/tap containers,since they don't see much use with the straight wall casings.
FullSizeRender%2026_5.jpg
After drilling the correct sized hole for the shaft, I then counter sunk the hole edge to give the adhesive a larger area to grip. I washed the machining oil residue of it before mounting it in the die, have a bunch left over from the magic trick manufacturing days. After seating I apply the adhesive in the counter sunk area. Now the only thing that didn't work right was the length of time they said to expose the adhesive to the light. I double the amount of time not less than 5 sec as I moved it around the adhesive line. Just remember that this adhesive only will work were the light cures it.
FullSizeRender%2021_4.jpg
It worked equally well on the steel to cheap plastic the dice are made from, and the wood small file handles to the steel of the shell holder mount. My file handles required that the hole be enlarged. I tried to twist them apart with more force than they will receive in use.

This adhesive works as advertised.