Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RT 1500 on a 550 B?

Hello all,

I purchased a RT 1500 to include on my case prep toolhead for 223. I've got a Dillon universal decapping die to run in front of it.

Is there a trick to setting it up in a way that the manifold will fit and not make contact with the index pins for the toolhead?

Also, do I need to run a size die on my loading toolhead to run the expander ball into the neck? I would assume that sizing will be done with the trim die, so I won't need to have it screwed in far enough to size, but thought I would still need to run the expander ball through.

Thanks

I put mine in Station #3 and removed the pin. I run a standard sizing/decapping die in Station #1. I use a casefeeder on my 550, ... my loading toolhead has Station #1 empty - just prime there.

I put mine in Station #3 and removed the pin. I run a standard sizing/decapping die in Station #1. I use a casefeeder on my 550, ... my loading toolhead has Station #1 empty - just prime there.

I'm confused. You mean you run all your cases through once just to size and deprime, and then you run them all through again to prime, charge, seat, and crimp?

I'm confused. You mean you run all your cases through once just to size and deprime, and then you run them all through again to prime, charge, seat, and crimp?

It's a 550 (4 stations) not a 1050.

Run through to size/deprime/trim

Tumble (they were lubed for sizing)

Swage on Super 600

Run through to prime/charge/seat/crimp.

Guys with 650's do more or less the same.

Edited by pmt

It's a 550 (4 stations) not a 1050.

Run through to size/deprime/trim

Tumble (they were lubed for sizing)

Swage on Super 600

Run through to prime/charge/seat/crimp.

Guys with 650's do more or less the same.

Thanks for clarifying. It wasn't originally clear to me that you were talking about two separate tool heads. I think I've got it now. :)

Thank you. Do you use a standard toolhead?