Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI 2011 Mag slide lock for idpa

usmc0326

I have some STI mags that either slide lock and leave 1 round in the mag or don't lock the slide back. I was wondering if there was a reasonable method I could do in the mill or similar to get the followers / slide lock to work consistently for IDPA in my marauder.

I never had premature slide lock but did have inconsistent lock back. I tuned my mags with the Dawson kit and so far they have worked every time. I shoot an Eagle in IDPA.

I also tuned my mags with the dawson kit. The dawson vid actually falls short a bit, the new 2011 sti mags need to have more work done to them to even function. The "bump" that makes the 23rd round in 9mm stick, after the first shot the 23rd round sticks on that bump.

I have TTI mag followers, springs, base plates etc.

Maybe a dumb question but are your TTI followers set to lock the slide back? My tuned 140s do not but my 126s with STI followers do.

the TTI followers from the factory i am pretty sure are for lock back. Which is why they lock back, with a round still in the mag. The 126 that is almost stock does have a TTI 4g2 on it. I guess I will try that mag with the stock base pad. I have a feeling it will lock back correctly after that. Not sure what needs to be done to the 140mm mags for lock back. Going to call TTI tomorrow and find out more if I have time.