Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me decide: Edge or Apeiro

CaptainOverkill

COK - I just went though this process a couple of months back. The Edge is "ok" but... the DVC (or CK Thunder) is really where you want to be.

My DVC was just under $2500 new shipped to my FFL with 2 140mm mags. If you're going to shoot USPSA the DVC or one of the CK Arms guns is the way to go. ;)

I've had to do some reload tuning (1.180 OAL) and minor gun tuning (polish extractor, 12lb recoil spring) to get my DVC 100%. I think the CK would be 100% out of the box.

For me the "extra's" on the DVC - Hard Chrome, tool-less guide rod and 2 mags were just the ticket. I really struggled with the choice and I'm sure I'd have been happy with the CK as well.

Edited by Chutist

I ordered a holster today and added a 12 lb spring to my order too. I believe everything will be here this week, so I'm planning to shoot it some after a classifier match this weekend. I'll start shooting it in matches soon with the STI mags (it's coming with 3) while I save up for a few MBX mags.

Sorry, I missed where you already bought the DVC...you're going to be very happy! :D

So info on the "break in " period with mine:

STI DVC Limited .40 - First Impressions

Some reloading data here:

First loads for my STI DVC - 180 Extreme/1.180 OAL and How much TiteGr

more:

Powders to try for .40 major? Titegroup....

ENJOY! :D