Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 ICORE NW Regional Richmond, CA May 21, 2016

The ICORE NW Regional will be held at the Richmond Hot Wheels (aka Richmond Hot Shots) range in Richmond, CA on May 21, 2016. It will be an 8 stage match, registration and squadding will open on January 1st at 10 am on Practiscore. Match fee is $80. We will have 5 field stages, 1 classifier, and 2 all steel stages. Any questions, email the MD via the Practiscore web site.

On another note... and I know this is not specifically Revolver related.. We have two other matches happening that weekend. We're also doing a Pistol/Pistol caliber carbine match the evening following the NW regional using time plus points scoring and a Single Stack only USPSA match on Sunday re-utilizing the 5 stages on the action range (with some tweaks and target changeovers). One of the MD's is talking about coming up with a patch for the few die hard shooters who shoot all three matches. Both of those matches are listed on practiscore and have limited room. If you want to fill your weekend with three matches at the same range.. this would be the place to do it.

As usual we are looking for stage builders for the Friday Build out. There will be match fee compensation(s).

The issue about a match hotel in the area is that Richmond isn't exactly known for it's great hotels.. I've used the Courtyard by Marriot once or twice.. it's in about the best place in Richmond to get a room.. I've not dealt with the Holiday inn express in San Pablo and the rest of the chain hotels in the area tend to be old/tired and not that great. Thoughts? $80 locally is going to get you Motel 6 which is sketchy at best.. If I can get a good group rate at the Courtyard by Marriot, I'm thinking it'll be in the $130/night range.. but until I call and get a block of rooms, I'm uncertain on the price.

One alternative is that if you have an RV or a trailer, we allow camping on the property and have a few places we can hook up for electricity. You'll need to contact me ahead of time so I know how many to expect.

Edited by sargenv

• 1 month later...