Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Advice for lefty

moostapha

I'm looking seriously at getting into 3gun but definitely interested in tactical carbine matches that are run locally.

I'm also left handed.

I've shot with a borrowed AR and enjoyed the heck out of it. But, I'm wondering how much it's worth to avoid getting a face full of gas.

I haven't had a problem with brass hitting me yet, but the gas is really annoying...especially inside...like the small local matches.

I can probably borrow a good bit of stuff to try out before I commit, but as I see it...a left handed rifle limits me to a stag arms upper or something like a Tavor (I actually shot one with a good trigger a couple weeks ago...it was just an extra $400 or so).

I'm not worried about the controls...ambi everything is easy. It's really just wondering if the ejection port is actually worth it.

As long as you don't run a can, you will be fine with a right handed eject AR. I would definitely go with an Ambi charging handle and safeties though.

I've not have any problem with the gas blowing back at me . I'm also right handed. But I shoot long guns left handed do to right eye problems.

I us the Mega ambi. Ar receiver set. As for shotgun I can do my reloads using my dominate right hand. Don't put off shooting 3 Gun . You can't get that time back. I wish it was around 20 years ago.