Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland ALS holster for 2011, where did you go?!

Maxximuss

I own several Safariland ALS holsters for my STI's. I have a light bearing one for duty carry and I have a non-light bearing one for Multigun/USPSA. They work great for every STI 2011 I have tried in them; Tactical 5.0, Edge, DVC, Eagle, and Marauder. It is the model 6395 (low ride ALS Duty holster) for the Springfield Operator 1911. I have bought several of these for fellow shooters and officers, even for a left handed shooter. But now.... they are MIA on the Safariland website. They only offer this holster in light bearing for the Springfield Operator anymore. This holster is an obvious choice for those in Multigun that don't want a trip to Dairy Queen. Are there any other ALS holsters that will work for a full dust cover 2011 and not be light bearing? What happened Safariland? This should be good market for you. Why won't you just make a ALS holster for the 2011... and while you're at it maybe make an ALS holster for the CZ SP-01...

Edited by Maxximuss

Few of us have gone over to the QLS-long holster for our 2011's. The lock on the trigger guard seems to hold good. The body does need to be trimmed slightly to clear the mag release, and end of the lever trimmed. The draw due to where your middle finger grabs the grip release the pistol real easily.

One thing that has always kind of bugged me about Safariland, is for a company supports 3 gun pretty heavily and sells us a lot of product belts, mounts etc. The website makes getting a holster for the 2011 like pulling teeth. You can not get a retention holster to come up for any of the 2011's

Edited by The Donald