Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How long is the TS barrel?

NFLcavediver

CZTSInches_zpsb8db365c.jpg

CZ measures from the ramp, not from the breech-face, which is something ATF and all other manufactures do.

According to CZ the SP 01 barrel is 4.7", and the Aussie barrel is 4.92",

I measured my SP 01 barrel and it is 4.5". I haven't handled an Aussie barrel so I can't confirm the exact length, but I assume it is exadurated as well. The TS clames to have a 5.4" barrel, mine measures 5.1". I guess like most men CZ like to exadurate a little on their barrel length.

Sorry Justaute, that not true either :sight: The TS barrel (advertised 5.4" by CZUSA/CZC, but 5.1" but CZUB) actially measures just 5.28" including the feed ramp.

Here's a response I received from CZ USA in a long email chain:

John,

Sadly, I was giving you the party line. When I started working here I asked why our measurements were different than the factory. That was the answer I was given from several sources and I went with it. Angus confirmed your questioning yesterday, so were in the process of gathering proper measurements to refine our figures for next years catalog. If the factorys measurements are breechface to muzzle now, Ill gladly go with that.

Thank you for the email, sometimes it takes a kick in the rump to break us out of our routine. Ill get it sorted out and updated on our website and make sure they make it to the catalog.

Thanks for your persistence!

Zach Hein

Edited by kneelingatlas