Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 Compact

mikeinctown

I got to handle a CZ75 compact for the first time over the weekend. I love how it felt weight wise and how it mostly fit in my hand. However, I did note that the gun was so short that my little finger had nowhere to sit, which I didn't like because I like for that finger to feel like it has control of something. The mags that came with the gun are all flush it seems. Does any one know if there are other base pads or magazines that will extend the bottom a little so that my little finger has something to sit on?

Also, There are a couple versions of the 75 Compact. Wondering which is the most popular and for what reason.

I opted for the CZ 75 Compact because I don't mind an extra 4 oz of weight, wanted the manual safety, and liked the Duo Tone that was available locally. With respect to base pads, the flat metal baseplates are kind of lousy, but the P01 base pads are spectacular, another thing on the gun that will funnel your grip higher up into the frame. Greg Cote LLC sells them for like $9 apiece, couple that with a $21 mec gar mag and you're in $30 per magazine, and they're decent mags. It handles recoil very well, like a much bigger gun, and is very practically accurate. I'm smitten with mine, wish I'd started on this platform rather than every plastic one under the sun.

EDIT:

The PCR and the P01 will be thrown out there as the ones to go for because aluminum. The frame width at the slide is slightly narrower on the steel variant, which is important if you plan to go IWB, but realistically, any of them can work for IWB.

Edited by ArrDave

The 16 round factory cz or mecgar with the factory 18 round base is what you want. Greg Cote LLC is the place to order.

That will stick out of the base of the grip. The 14 rounder with the P01 +0 baseplate works great.

Ok thanks, Yeah I don't want the magazine sticking out, just the basepad so my finger has something to touch. (my SR-22 is like this. Sucks with no mag, but add the mag and it fits my hand)

Also, thanks for slapping me in the head and making me realize the others are aluminum frame. I want the steel, so there really is only the one. Too bad there isn't a CZ75 compact shadow lol. I'm also liking the prices right now. $500 or so for the Compact from some places. (one I know of even less)

The 16 round factory cz or mecgar with the factory 18 round base is what you want. Greg Cote LLC is the place to order.

That will stick out of the base of the grip. The 14 rounder with the P01 +0 baseplate works great.
The SP-01 base pad is a +0, it just fills in the open space between the bottom of the 16rnd mag and the bottom of the grip. So basically the compact with 16rnd magazine looks like an SP-01 (or 75b) with a factory CZ 18rnd magazine in it. I can't figure out how to post pics or I would show you mine. Edited by Jennslife15

a177608b2cbaa5990eb0f65ded34d805.jpg

We report, you decide

Sent from an iDevice. Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors. If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.