Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Laserlyte ?

biglou13

Does the newer Laserlyte pro stick out so far with 9mm that it will affect draw from holster, blade tech doh style holster?

I'm assuming little to no interference with larger bore .45 ???

Anyone....... Anyone....... Beuhler....... Anyone.........

Older version is bore specific (ish) and is loaded chamber side.

similar post went unanswered.......

somebody has got to be using one of these....

Edited by biglou13

• 2 weeks later...

I did see one at local store.

it does protrude from barrel a little bit more so on smaller calibers. the dragging issue is questionable depending on type of holster and drawing style.....

i determined with my 1911 and current holster no issues

in spite of the flurry of responses to this thread....

......i ordered it anyway.....

my google-fu must be off

base unit was available on line last week at much lower price....... not same price today?

i suppose wally world on line has some magical pricing structure ( im wondering if they have some algorithm that changes prices)

i still found a good deal, on a package, about 30% off of MSRP.

ill post more details and reviews after its in my hands

i originally just wanted base model. ( when some one here never marked sold in classifieds)

that one is caliber specific and loads in chamber

i found out it would be less expensive for me to shoot multi calibers if i up graded to the laserlyte lt pro

when i first looked into this product i was able to find it @ about $70 US.

as i pulled the proverbial trigger last week that $70 price was no where to be found. best price last week was $90US

My google-fu led me here.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LaserLyte-Training-Tyme-Kit-Laser-Pistol-RT-Target/34627537

for $125 US plus tax... (careful since purchased the price has not stayed consistent) MSRP is $220 US

for a few dollars more and i get a training gun, the laserlyte lt pro, and a reaction tyme target. I'm good with that.

to answer the unanswered question, yes the device sticks out past barrel by about 3/8" for 9mm. depending on style of holster minimal if any interference when drawing. With larger diameter .45 ACP even less will protrude barrel.

Overall impression:

ok i've already dry fired a few hundred times since i bought it. Is it a good training tool? HELL YES!!!

this will take my dry fire practice to a whole new level.

the laser lyte lt pro works, but its no mechanical break through. you need to keep a tiny allen wrench (provided) to adjust for calibers. the unit echos a cat toy laser. there are 2 weak links. One is you have to unscrew unit when not in use or you will drain batteries. two ive only screwed my unit open and closed a few time and Im pretty sure its already cross threaded. its surprisingly zeroed to within A-Zone (scaled target). it come with batteries for target, and 2 sets of batteries for laser device. Box says it's made in USA!!! the target is about the size of a pack of cigarettes. it has 2 modes. hit target face it lights up. in RT or reaction tyme mode, which could also stand for random tyme. it will blink you, shoot at it, it blinks to confirm shot. the compact training gun, is a few grades above toy level. i figure worse case scenario i use it when traveling and when practicing hand to hand. Go to their web site they have plenty of videos.

The third generation of the product is just recently available. the laserlyte premium it has on off switch its shorter in length and fits those pocket revolvers. i'm under the impression that the second gen is in process of being phased out for newer premium version. The product offer 3 year limited warranty.... we'll see if they cover cross threading......

In spite of some engineering issues i would HIGHLY recommend this product. and if you can find it @ $125 BUY IT!!!

i can see my draw to first shot par times improving!!!!!! and with confirmed accuracy!!!!

Edited by biglou13

not to rain on your parade but you need to be careful training with that because it is teaching you to do the opposite of what you should be doing .... it's teaching you to look at your target after you pull the trigger to see where yout hits are instead of learning to call your shots by reading your sights .... the former method works but is incrediably slow relative to calling your shots ....

Edited by Nimitz

i hear what you saying. but at speed i cant call my shots for crap..... @ my 60% speed most of the time @75% rare @100% its chaos!!!

im new i can barely draw and decent a decent shot of at 3 seconds..... i agree with what your saying when i'm better.... ill sell it in classifieds

i recently shot a practice steel match.... and can appreciate shot calling skill.