Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 1050 and 300blk toolhead

You will cut into 3 stations in order to fit the vacuum attachment.

Mine I used station 6 for my trimmer and thus cut into station 5 and 7. Station 8 is untouched and where I run a full length size die for the 300blk.

Mine I used station 6 for my trimmer and thus cut into station 5 and 7. Station 8 is untouched and where I run a full length size die for the 300blk.

Can you still trim other brass (.223 or .308) with that tool head in station 6? Edited by DWFAN

Can you still trim other brass (.223 or .308) with that tool head in station 6?

You would have to make up some shims to keep the vacuum attachment in line with the windows in the die, but yea, should still be do-able.

I hate setting up dies and trimmers so I have 2 tool heads(cut down 300blk and a regular for 223), along with 2 trimmers(RT1500 for 300blk and RT1200 for 223). I will most likely get a 3rd setup for 308 at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes you will be able to still use the cut down toolhead for other calibers. Can't say for sure about 308 but with 223 it will work fine. You will need to put something between the trimmer and vacuum attachment to keep it positioned right though.

Yes you will be able to still use the cut down toolhead for other calibers. Can't say for sure about 308 but with 223 it will work fine. You will need to put something between the trimmer and vacuum attachment to keep it positioned right though.

Not having any of the parts currently, does a piece of PVC pipe or something work as the spacer?