Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Converting STI Edge to Open gun

roklock

For a budget, I have $3000 max approval (wife) for gun and mags (1-2 170's & 1-2 140's).

There are brand new STI Trubors, Match Masters and other models on GunBroker for under $3000. Why not start with a brand new gun that was built for Open instead of trying to build one out of something that was not?

For a budget, I have $3000 max approval (wife) for gun and mags (1-2 170's & 1-2 140's).

There are brand new STI Trubors, Match Masters and other models on GunBroker for under $3000. Why not start with a brand new gun that was built for Open instead of trying to build one out of something that was not?

Yes, but I will still exceed my max budget buying the mags. I am just exploring options to meet my budget, yep after talking with a couple smith's the edge isn't cost effective. Will just keep eyes on classifieds this fall...

Picked up 10 pounds of WAC this weekend in anticipation that something will come along. :D

Edited by roklock

Limited budget open dreamer here too.

I wanted a 9mm limited gun a while back and stocked the classifieds. Bought mags, DAA racer pouches, DAA racer holster with the anticipation of picking up a limited gun. A nice 9 major gun came up and I jumped on it. It was at the top of my price range but was worth it. If I would have waited and looked in the classifieds for mags, and pouches I could have saved a bit more since those came up a couple of times after I already bought mine. Theres some "cheap" options out there for holster and pouches (DAA Racer ) and they perform the same. I wish I could have the best of the best in everything but its not realistic to me cost wise. I went with bone stock 140 sti mags and no issues so far. Looking back I wish I did what you said and picked up 2-170 mags and 2-140 but you live and learn. I've seen plenty of deals on 9major packages and just guns where I could have made out spending a little less but I'm happy with what I have. Wait it out one will come up.