Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Tweener" load in 38 Super using Autocommp

frsdscc

I have a decent supply of Berry 115 RN plated bullets, and some Autocomp powder, and was hoping to come up with what could be called a "tweener" load for shooting plates where I don't need to make major. Gun is a Caspian 38 super with a 4 port-hybrid Schuemann (I always misspell that) barrel with a 4 port comp. Considering the velocity restrictions on plated bullets, has anyone cooked up around a 140-150 PF load with Autocomp? Thanks in advance.

That's one of the things I was concerned about. Obviously, these are not the components I would obtain to fit this purpose, but since I have them I was hoping they could be pressed into action without any major issues. Running an 8lb spring, I suppose I could try something lighter, but that would probably result in a less than ideal feel out of this setup.

Will do. It's hard to get that totally neutral, flat sensation with minor loads in a gun like this, but many years ago some buddies and I ran about 5.5grns of WST (again, not an ideal powder for the application) in our Supers with a 124 for minor loads and the results were pretty promising. I don't know if the fact that it is a faster powder in combination with the hybrid ports that gave that feel or if it was just luck, but it worked. Will try the lighter Autocomp load in a few days. Thanks guys.

Edited by frsdscc