Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-Treme

co-exprs

I just got a box of those from xtreme and shot a couple different loads Wednesday. This was my first time with xtreme's in 45 acp so I went with a load that produces sub 2" groups out of my H&K USP Expert with coated lead SWC's, 4.9 N320 and 4.1 N310, just to see what it would look like on paper. Sadly the groups were not that good, but these loads are way down the power factor scale, about 150 and 140 respectively, so I plan to push them a bit harder and see what they do. I have some Solo 1000 so I will try that as well.

I have had good luck with the X-Treme bullets but you have to be careful when you crimp them. If you leave a mark on them groups will suck. I tinkered with them a good while and got some very good groups with them once I figured this out. They seem to be more sensitive to over crimping than coated lead but they will produce good accuracy if you do your part.

One additional thought. An FCD is murder on trying to shoot tiny little groups using these bullets. Plated bullets are slightly over groove diameter for a reason. Most of the time the carbide ring in the FCD will resize these back to .451 so if your groups suck that may be the reason.

Edited by bowenbuilt