Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Model 625-3

8ring

The local shop is holding a used Model 625-3 45.ACP w/5" barrel for me. It is a round butt that has nice target grips. The firing pin is on the hammer and it says "Model of 1989" on the barrel. It cycles and locks up well with just a teeny (barely noticeable) bit of sideplay in the cylinder. No end shake. Crane-frame fit is tight. It appears to be 95% but I didn't examine the rifling or forcing cone because I didn't have a light.

Since I've never bought a SW, is there anything else (besides the rifling and forcing cone) I should look for before buying it? Is throat size an issue with Smiths?

What does Model of 1989 mean, if anything?

The owner of the shop works on and collects SW revolvers. I will ask him to do a "trigger job" but what does that entail with this revolver?

Thanks for the help, all you N-frame users.

Chris

Chris,

don't buy it..... ;)

I will be there to get it as soon as I can.... :P

I am not real educated on these things but here is something I can tell you....

Model of 1989 some time in 1989 is when it was assembled.

625-3 a rather more rare model of the 625, My understanding is there were around 1000 with the -3.... BUT I could be and have been wrong before.

I saw one (625-3) on gunbroker.com and the starting bid was 550.00 if I remember right.

I have 625-4 that was 95+% when I bought it and gave $450 for it.

IF you can get it for 300 I will give you 450.00 :):):)

Should be a good shooter if it is as good as you say it is.... If you don't like it you should have no problem finding someone to take it off your hands.

Good luck with it, Hope to see you on the range with it we need more revolver shooters in this sport.

Hopalong