Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

V 1.2.27 Issue with Sync of New Match

slowsure

Im having problems getting Nooks to sync to a Ipad master. Nooks have been working fine up to this point. The problem Im seeing is when trying to pull match to nook device it says "loading match" and the "dot ball" spins and spins. on occasion after 20-30mins it will load, sometimes not. Then when the "apply stages" screen does appear it has multiples of the same information, for instance, the new match maybe listed two or three times on the same screen also get a Failed to read message.

I admit to being impatient and bouncing back and forth between sync and match loading screen. Looks like every time i bounce back and forth it adds another match or message to the screen. Normal?

I've seen the spinning circles problem on occasion with the Nooks.

To fix it, I exit PS by continually clicking the Back button until you get the Exit dialog and choose Yes to close PS. Then I cycle the wireless antenna (i.e. turn on/off) from Settings. Then restart PS and try Synch again. It usually works.

I've never seen the duplicate problem.

What I have seen is a total failure to find the Nooks on the IPAD., The IPad is found by the nooks, just not the other way around. I've simply typed in the sync code from the Nook into the IPad and all is good.

As a general reminder, get a collection of cheap paint brushes to keep the nook screens clean. And for a stylus try a regular pencil with a soft eraser.

What I have seen is a total failure to find the Nooks on the IPAD., The IPad is found by the nooks, just not the other way around. I've simply typed in the sync code from the Nook into the IPad and all is good.

As a general reminder, get a collection of cheap paint brushes to keep the nook screens clean. And for a stylus try a regular pencil with a soft eraser.

Usually, the iPad would see some of them and not all of them, for us. What seems to help is that I'd re-connect all the Nooks to the router first, then power on the iPad and launch PS. From the iPad Sync screen, Clear Devices and then Scan Network.

The issues I have been experiencing did not appear at the last match scored at the range. I'm starting to believe my wifi at home was giving me the problem. I did have one nook not want to load the match at sync, but used Phong Nguyen's method of going all the way out and cycling the wifi and it worked! Thanks

Scan Network is key.

Edited by slowsure