Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Volume Decision for Buy/Single/Turret/Progressive

I guess it all depends on your time/budget.

Started with a 550b... at the time my monthly consumption of 9mm was around 1500-2000. Between brass prep and reloading it felt like I was spending more time reloading than shooting, while I do truly enjoy reloading.... I'd rather be shooting.

Within six months I purchased a s1050 and an RF100.... still spend the same amount of time prepping brass, but my reloading time has been cut in half.

Couple of weeks ago I added a xl650 to handle large primer pistol reloading.

You can spend more of your time to reduce the investment, or you can spend more of your money to reduce the time you spend pulling the handle. Pick your poison!

~g

Edited by safeactionjackson

Buy a 550, will last forever and if you decide to sell it can always get most of your money back...but you won't sell it once you start using it.

He will... once he checks out the 1050.

There is something extremely seductive about smoothly running machinery.

Buy a 550, will last forever and if you decide to sell it can always get most of your money back...but you won't sell it once you start using it.

14 years ago I sold my 550 and bought an RL1050; I still regret it.... as much as I love my 1050 with the bullet feeder I would like to have my 550 for load development and the odd times I reload small quantities of 9x18 or 44 magnum.

14 years ago I sold my 550 and bought an RL1050; I still regret it.... as much as I love my 1050 with the bullet feeder I would like to have my 550 for load development and the odd times I reload small quantities of 9x18 or 44 magnum.

That is why you never buy just one 1050. Plus you need a couple of 650-s.

BTW, why not do load development on the 1050?

That is why you never buy just one 1050. Plus you need a couple of 650-s.

BTW, why not do load development on the 1050?

My 1050 is set up for 38 SC if I have to develop something for my 44MAG it takes some time to change the turret, shellplate, primer system, it would be easier if I still had my 550.

Edited by dvc4you

My 1050 is set up for 38 SC if I have to develop something for my 44MAG it takes some time to change the turret, shellplate, primer system, it would be easier if I still had my 550.

Or another 1050. ;)

Edited by jmorris