Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new 03-series USPSA classifers

Carmoney

I'm hearing that instead of having any sort of HHF for the revolver division, they're just using the reguler limited HHF discounted by 10%. While that may have worked halfway decently with classifers that are reasonably 6-round neutral, what about all these new 03-series classifiers that require 7 and 8 shots at each array, and whatnot? Isn't that just going to completely screw things up, in terms of getting an accurate gauge on where a revolver shooter should be classed?

Example: How can even a really good revolver shooter get anything other than a D-class score on something like 03-01 (8 rounds required), when revolver would be the only division forced to do a reload? It seems like the 10% reduction in HHF wouldn't be nearly enough to compensate for that.

Or are there just so dang few of us that we need to decide it doesn't matter, and treat every match as heads-up between ourselves (like we do already)??

Mike

I'm hearing that instead of having any sort of HHF for the revolver division, they're just using the reguler limited HHF discounted by 10%.

By my calculations that is just a myth. Sedro are indeed using 2 seperate HHF's for limited and revo and 10% dif. isn't it, and believe me I have done many many calculations.

http://www.ohiouspsa.com/calculator_scripts/percentage.php

OK, that's good to know. Let me ask you this--does it appear that the revolver HHFs vary from the limited HHFs to different degrees, depending on whether the classifier is 6-round neutral or not?

As an example, the HHFs between revolver and limited on 03-01 should be pretty far apart (since revo has to eat a reload)--but would not need to be all that different between revolver and limited on 03-02 (six shots, mandatory reload, six shots, Virginia count).

See what I mean?

Mike

As an example, the HHFs between revolver and limited on 03-01 should be pretty far apart (since revo has to eat a reload)--but would not need to be all that different between revolver and limited on 03-02 (six shots, mandatory reload, six shots, Virginia count).

See what I mean?

Mike

there is a 30% dif between 0301 for limited and 0301 in revo and only 13% dif between 0302 for limited and 0302 for revo

:blink: If I understand you correctly USPSA now has enough Revolver classifers in to develop Hit Factors for Revolver. Prior to this the Revolver Hit Factor was the same as L-10?? Looks like the Revolver class is growing.

None of my calculations for L-10 match the calculations for Revo, except for the fixed time classifiers.

I dunno, Robo. Looks like the HHF on this classifier would require the revo shooter to complete the stage clean in about 5 seconds (or even faster with any points down). Including the reload (which no other division requires), slowing down enough to avoid the disaster factor on the no-shoots, and waiting for that damn front popper to fall out of the way (no other way to shoot it correctly, given the word "then" in the course description), I guess I wonder if even ol' Jerry can hit that HHF with any sort of regularity.

Sure looks to me like it's some sort of percentage guesswork thing.

What do the rest of you guys think?

Mike

Just Shoot it and let the numbers fall where they end up !!!! :P

As is well known in the USPSA revolver crowd, Classifiers are not worth a hill of beans or any other piles of something.

Remember USPSA is based on "Action Pistol shooting" and the Revolver is not the best platform for that "Sport".

yes there are some of us "HARD HEADED" guys/gals who just have to be different but in all seriousness the sport has evolved to higher capacity firearms than the "Six shooter".

I started shooting USPSA with a Limited gun, now am using a Revolver but it still boils down to this....

I enjoy shooting......

I enjoy shooting "Action Pistol".......

I enjoy shooting my Revolver in "Action Pistol" (right now)

Further thread drift.....

Except when I see stages like I saw at the Florida Open where I would have enjoyed shooting my Limited gun there !!!

Enough rambling, If USPSA wants to compare revolver scores to Auto scores so be it, We know what it takes and that should be enough.

Sam

Sam, I guess you're right. In Revo it really doesn't matter what your class happens to be, because you'll always be shooting against all the other Revo shooters in attendance anyway. Maybe someday, if we keep on encouraging it on this forum and elsewhere, we'll see enough Revo shooters showing up to justify some sort of class break-down.

I never really liked classes all that much anyway, now that I think about it.....

Mike

I just go to have fun and shoot, prior to this past summer all the shooting I had done was from hunting and shooting static paper targets standing still. So as long as I make it thru a match being safe and having fun...I'm good to go! no matter what place I come in. I will be shooting my first revo match this coming weekend, so I ought to be good for a few laughs :blink::D

And You CAN introduce Steve Anderson to the 'Got Whipped by a wheelgun' crowd too !!!!! ;) And Flex while you are at it !!!!! :huh:

If they show up..... knowing ahead of time that you are coming :D

Really have fun, that is what it is all about.....

WE will let Mr. Miculek do the real "Whippin" he's good at it !!!! :wacko::blink:

Kyle be nice to Roboman.....

Hop