Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cnc NYC open house

bmiller

I went to the Cnc NYC open house today. It was 3 hours one way for me. It was worth it! John and his crew did a great job. There was a lot people who traveled much further than I. One fellow came in from L.A.! There was a higher percentage of people interested in gunsmithing and firearms than I would have thought. At lunch I got to talk with a guy who built bullseye guns. Heck, John shoots open in USPSA. He and the Tormach reps demonstrated the 1100 and the cnc slant bed lathe for several hours. Both machines had Path Pilot. Granted, I am a in no way an expert, but that system looks pretty straight forward. After watching the machines run and getting to ask hundreds of dumb questions, I feel I could figure out how to use them. It must have impressed me, I actually passed on a new Beretta 1301 comp for $874 at Cabellas! I was thinking about how to scrounge for a Tormach ! I did not get to take a lot of pictures, I was too busy asking questions. I did take a few. The first is the coin that he machined in one of his videos. Second is obliviously the Tormach. Third, a lot of people bought projects , a guy in Grove City, Pa builds tracked vehicles for people with mobility issues. All in all, a very fun day! He said he will do it again next year. And I am pretty sure I will be there!

post-29808-0-13146500-1427597570_thumb.j

post-29808-0-32751300-1427597619_thumb.j

post-29808-0-10385100-1427597695_thumb.j

Edited by bmiller

Thanks for the write up B! I wish I could have went, I'm going to try to make it next year.

John, I think your going to need a bigger tent next year:) Also, stick with the BBQ you had, it was delicious!!

Edited by bmiller