Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What about CZ-75 Standard IPSC?

Rosshooting

Greetings Powerman! I notice you will be shooting in and around Bulgaria so the competitions you shoot will be governed by IPSC rules, and NOT the USPSA rules that we follow in the USA.

The good news for you is that the Standard IPSC is optimized for IPSC rules, not USPSA. For example, the magazine well and 16 round magazines (soon to be 17 rounds) WILL fit in the IPSC box.

The trigger on my 2 guns came from the factory at a very light 1.5 lbs (about .75 kilograms) and the trigger compare VERY well to an SV (or the European copy called the SPS) with SV Tri-Glide parts (also .75 kilograms w/ extremely short re-set & fully adjustable).

For a great website on the Standard IPSC, look at www.strictlyipsc.com

Regards,

D.C. Johnson

site1008.JPG

How does the CZ Standard compare to the CZ Tactical Sport? Are they the same model?

Yup, it's basically the same gun, I think the factory just fell in love with the word "Tactical" ;)

Although they talk about minor modifications to the design, I haven't heard them specify the mods at all. Even one of the factory shooters who did the promo video (dial-up warning: over 12 MB) didn't know anything about them.

What I hate about the pistol is that they knocked off some $$$ by using fixed sights from hell (JMHO). They also increased the mag capacity, but I've heard of and seen many problems with the mags on the 9mm version. Haven't heard of any with the .40.

But the CZ IPSC and its successor the TS are a great option for Standard. They're plenty accurate and reliable and as Carols pointed out, the trigger is just wonderful. If you do your part, the gun won't hold you back and you will definitely be competitive, Powerman.

Actually, with regard to your previous post about BUL vs. Tanfo, this guy I know had a BUL (the frame cracked after a few thousand rounds), a Tanfoglio (reliability problems) and now he's as happy as can be with the Standard IPSC for almost a year.

"What I hate about the pistol is that they knocked off some $$$ by using fixed sights from hell (JMHO)."

This is true; the TS has non-adjustable sights. 2 thoughts on these: 1) from the side only, I do not like how they look 2) Fixed sights have become super popular in the USA thanks to people like Phil Strader who has been using one on his limited gun (www.shootersparadise.com). Also, search this forum on the word "warren" to see pictures of Phil's new sight. He did not switch to save money but rather to avoid the sight breaking on his 1911. All CZs have even higher slide velocity & they can possibly break adjustable sights.

The mag capacity is increased 1 round in .40 to 17+1 on the TS.

CZ uses a polymer trigger on the Standard IPSC. I have 2 guns & both triggers are fine. I often see Americans complaining about the trigger & claiming to have broken them (also used on 75B-SA) but I think you have to try pretty hard to break one or else not have any experience w/ a true .75 kilogram trigger. Still, a steel replacement is available through Angus at ghostholster.com. Regards,

D.C. Johnson

I think one of the reasons of shipping the Tactical with fixed rear sight is that many shooters has switched the less reliable LPA with a Bomar sight.

And some may prefer the fixed sight, as well. Remember that if anyone change the mag bases to +1-2 (18), the gun will not fit in the IPSC box with the fixed sights. The adjustable sights has the ability to be pressed down against the slide, in order to fit the box.

Regards!

Johnny Nilsson

www.StrictlyIPSC.com

Damn that is a pretty gun to look at. Almost as nice as TGO's 1990 BoMar-sighted Open P9. I miss having that perfect thumb safety - better than a 1911.

Great website too. I wish there were more like them. As someone who's shot 1000's of stages in the USA, looking at your European courses of fire is really interesting. Thanks again.