Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Resistance when inserting magazine

itzjere

New to the CZ platform. Just picked up a SP-01. I noticed that some of the mags have some resistance when being inserted into the gun. It's not terrible that I can't overcome it, but just unusual to me when comparing it to other pistols I've owned. I've only tried this when the mags are empty, but is this normal? It is something that just needs to be broken in on my new pistol? I am using the factory SP-01 18 rounders.

Thanks!

Interesting. I will take a look to see if I can see any markings on my mags in that area.. didn't think about the brake.

Also, to add, I found that if I pushed on the magazine release while inserting the higher resistance mags, it was fine.. Is it possible that the release button is slightly off centered? However, I don't have this issue with all my mags (only 3 of the 6).

Interesting. I will take a look to see if I can see any markings on my mags in that area.. didn't think about the brake.

Also, to add, I found that if I pushed on the magazine release while inserting the higher resistance mags, it was fine.. Is it possible that the release button is slightly off centered? However, I don't have this issue with all my mags (only 3 of the 6).

Well the magazine release spring is fairly stiff and when you are inserting a magazine, it will drag accross the magazine release. On all of my CZ's I typically install the extended magazine release and I contour it to the inside of the magazine well to ensure proper operation.