Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Racemaster Magnetic for XDm

ToddKS

Wanted to put this out there are a reference point for anyone who may search the topic in the future as I was not able to find a definitive opinion in my search efforts.

I knew that I wanted a Racemaster holster but was having trouble deciding between the new magnetic and the older style that had the tension adjustment. My search yielded a mixed bag and very little that was specific to the XDm. My concern was that the magnetic was not adjustable for tension. I went ahead and purchased the magnetic as the feedback on other guns seemed to indicate that it was the way to go.

Having received my new holster I can say that I am glad I went with the magnetic. I don't feel that I am missing anything by not having a tension adjustment. The release is very smooth.

Additional Notes:

The unit truly adjustable in every imaginable direction. This is a good thing but I am still trying to get the pistol sitting exactly where I want it. I am used to making adjustments in a single plane on my old BOSS DOH setup but when you loosen the adjustments the holster moves in all three planes which is a challenge. I am sure I will get it set up the way I like it will just take some time.

Mine does not make the distinct click when I holster the pistol as described in the DAA video. I believe this is a function of the thickness of the trigger guard as the mechanism does not seem to go 100% down when the pistol is holstered (could be wrong about that but this is my guess). That does not seem to affect the retention of the holster in any way. The pistol is secure front and rear when in the holster and is 100% locked in when the lock is engaged.

I am very pleased overall and looking forward to my first Steel Challenge match with it once the weather gets decent here in a couple months.

I have discovered one thing that I did not care for. The locking lever is serrated. I found that I was hitting those serrations with my middle finger as I was going for my grip. This was with the lever in the unlocked position. It was pretty clear to me that I was going to end up cutting my finger open eventally.

My solution to this was to file the serrations off the locking lever and then polish it smooth. This eliminated the problem and did not in any way compromise the operation of the holster.