Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Professional watch guy here, just take a pair of tweezers and touch the pad where the arrow is pointing with one end of the tweezers and the top of the battery with the other top. Piece of cake.

Hi bockerSV,

I sincerely hope what you have advised is not effective...

'Cause that means the instructions for replacing the battery

(required maintenance btw,) are not in the owner manual.

I have a very dim view of companies that think it is ok

to charge extra to replace batteries.

Thanks for the heads up for who to avoid.

miranda

Professional watch guy here, just take a pair of tweezers and touch the pad where the arrow is pointing with one end of the tweezers and the top of the battery with the other top. Piece of cake.

From post #13 above:

I'm glad you took a photo of the seal.

it says to short the two pins.

... dunno why that is... I'd try that before I chucked it.

My reply was:

It resets the digital watch. I did it about five times. No problem with the dig watch, it's the analog movement that's stone dead.

The ANALOG watch is dead. has nothing to do with the reset. It's just a mechanical quartz movement and it is stone dead even with a new battery.

If I decide to use the "warranty" I will have to mail it both ways at my expense and pay a "repair fee" which doesn't sound like much of a warranty to me.

Edited by bountyhunter

Hi bockerSV,

I sincerely hope what you have advised is not effective...

'Cause that means the instructions for replacing the battery

(required maintenance btw,) are not in the owner manual.

There is no information at all about the battery in the owner's manual except for the ERRONEOUS claim that the battery type is listed on the watch back. It is not. Changing the battery is not that bad except you have to rip the paper seal off and then kluge it back on. Obviously, they intend it to be replaced at the factory or service center where they have new paper seals to install.

Easy there Bountyhunter. This might turn into a Hate rant and then have to be closed as a discussion. ;)

Go ahead if there's a problem. The topic has been pretty accurately discussed and there is clearly no home brew solution to a quartz watch which just died for no reason. Except maybe a ballpeen hammer.... starting to sound like a plan to me.