Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ponsness Warren Autodrive S1050 adjustment help please

Ok I managed to get the bolts loose. Now getting this thing setup is a pain. Been sitting here for the past 2 hours following the directions, but not working right still.

When I adjust the front part of the arm I can get it to touch the bottom cam stop which looks good. Then the top stop is way off. I adjust the rear part of the arm and it throws off the front.

Is there a secret in setting this up I don;t know about? What is your method of setting it up?

Edited by ams30gts

They can be complicated to set up correctly and one reason many don't like them.

There are three things you can adjust. Only mess with one thing at a time, so you can learn how the adjustment effects the machine.

Looking at the photo in your last thread on the same subject it looks lie it should be easier that the old versions, as they have added an incremental adjustment screw to the arm that adjusts the amount of stroke.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

First set up your 1050 so it works manually with the handle.
Swap to the PW, loosen the clutch so you can turn the PW handle manually.
Check to see if you are at full stroke, is the sizing die touching the shell plate?(no case inserted)
Rotate the crank 180, is the press close to hitting the stop?

Don't adjust the dies, because you set it up manually already.
The hard part, try 1/2 a turn at a time. Check function.
If the die is not touching the die at full stroke, adjust the front threaded in or out till the case just touches the shell plate.
Rotate the crank 180 and adjust the rear thread in or out till you get close to the stop.
1/2 a turn at a time. Check function.
If the throw is too short, make an adjustment to the bolt on the center crank.

When its set up correctly, the press should cycle smoothly.
It a real challenge, once its set, never have to do it again