Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MOR: McMillan Stock, Badger Metal and AI Mags

Nick Weidhaas

For those wanting to build a MOR, you now have another option.

Here is a link for some pics of a rifle built by George Gardner of GA Precision www.gaprecision.net. Scroll down after you go to the link to see the pics.

http://www.snipershide.com/ubb/ultimatebb....ic;f=2;t=000945

The rifle was shown off at the Shot Show. Badger Ord. has come out with Rem. 700 bottom metal for McMillan stocks that will accept the AI Mags. Badger metal for AI mags should be available in June. For those that don't like the weight of the AI stocks or would rather a McMillan stock, here is your chance to combine it with the best mags made, IMHO.

I personally have a GAP built Rem 700 in a AI 1.5 and love it. I like the weight as it absorbs recoil and a heavier rifle swings/moves slower when shooting off hand. However, for long term comfort while laying down behind a rifle, the McMillan A3 is hard to beat.

I have no connection with any of these folks, other than being a GAP customer. Just trying to pass on a cool new product.

Best,

Nick-

On this same note. I can highly recommend GA Precision if you need a stick built. I've owned 4 different GAP rifles (3 bolt guns and 1 M1A) and I have to say everyone was as good as it gets. George is a down to earth guy and will work with you building what you want. He is retired LEO Sniper and shoots sniper competitions. He knows what works and will point you in the right direction. He often has rifles in stock and his turn around time is very good. George also has on staff a guy that built rifles for the Marine Corps. These guys know their stuff.

Nick-

I haven't had the same experience with GAP that has been mentioned here and when I asked for consideration in the matter was told I'd be charged again to fix the problem. Just my case yours may be better, but they will never do work for me again!

Bronco,

Sorry to here about your negative experience with GAP. Yours is actually the first negative experience I have every heard of. George and crew get a lot of praise over at www.snipershide.com I know several who have had rifles built and I've owned four GAP rifles at one time or another and all have been excellent. QC and customer service has always been top notch. Again, my experience.

Best,

Nick