Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Star Universal Press w/Case Feeder

• 3 years later...

Old topic I know.  I am back after a long absence and was looking through the Forums.  Stars are fine machines and I have been loading on them since 1979 when I started shooting Bullseye competition.  I have done business with Bruce and can say that he bought a pretty shaky business and turned things around.  The situation now for Star machines, parts, and service is now comparable to when the San Diego shop was still in operation.  I own some single-stage presses, a few Star machines, and a couple of Dillon 1050s.  IMHO, the ammunition produced on the Star and the 1050 is comparable.  My groups shot with a Ransom Rest suggested that the accuracy edge went to the Star.  The best 50 yard slow fire score and group I ever shot was a combination of a 200 grain Oregon Trail SWC, and WST powder, loaded on one of my 1050 presses.  Dillon has always been better than their word to me as far as warranty service goes.  Star doesn't have a warranty that I know of but then I've never had need of one

Regards.

Bob