Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FireClean cold weather performance

CMonty

Ok, gun was flawless. Operator, not so much.

So did you clean your gun and relube with something else? How cold was it up there today?

I was going to shoot a Steel Challenge match today but wussed out. They were forecasting cold, snow and lots of wind. We got lots of wind, no snow and temp was actually kind of nice and into the '40s. Not bad at all so the weatherman bit me again.

Forgot my holster so I didn't get a chance to use the open glock this morning, borrowed some gear for the IPSC match, but used my AR in the afternoon.

AR was sitting in the trunk of the car all morning, and out on safety table in the afternoon between stages.

No issues what so ever.

Temps were around the 30F mark in the afternoon. Overcast and windy.

Much colder than the morning where we at least had a little sun from time to time.

Don't know about extreme weather use, but anything I'm willing to go shoot in, I'd say the lube is reliable enough.

I cleaned the gun and went with the fire clean. No issues, and I've shot it with no issues in cold weather than we had today. Apparently, even if it does freeze it retains its lubricity without turning gummy. Gun doesn't slow down at all. I'm going to stick with it.