Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

REVOLVERS

redmist10

:D

In the last month it seems that revolver shooting, discussions, debates, outright lies, and arguements have increased monumentally.

I for one like every bit of it :D Well, most of it anyway.

What equipment should be use?

Do revolvers make for better auto shooters - vice versa?

How to increase participation in USPSA?

Should we keep this division?

How to fix that division?

How do we get more people involved in IDPA SSR?

Preferred models?

Check out the new Classification calculator!

What matches are you shooing revolver?

On and on and on and on......Damn - I love it. B)

Someone kicked through the mulch pile and the creatures of the wheel are stirring. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Redmist, It has made me rethink my commitment to revolver shooting :ph34r: .

As a result I will requallify in ESR and shoot them both. I still have 2 nice 4" 625s one full rib, one mountain set up the same.

My new gun i will get running this year is a Old style 686 i picked up new in a box and doing action job now. springs, altered Jerry grips (love them but that horrid thumb shelve gets the grinder) and with +P bunny f*rt loads it should be a joy.

In answer to your question I learned a revolver first....and yes it improved my ssp,esp, and cpd shooting. It has something to do with trigger control, and making sure u see sights :P

So in the end i boil down a few Com-tac holsters to get rid of that sinfull light tunnel and all is still good....wOOt!!!!!! :wub:

I start new season today shooting with RO at winter classic. (flashlights) then tomorrow RO the Sturms Classic. I will shoot CDP because its all i practiced with as this new rules came down....the bright side is i will watch a good REVOLVER shoot... Some of the Top revolver shooters will be here..... B)

Frederick Haring

Yes I agree, the talk about Revolvers is a good thing......

But let's not just talk about them, let's get them out to the range and drag a few others (revo shooters) out with us... :):)

I have looked back on 2004 Area - 4 and wondered just WHO that was that kicked my butt so well, even had my gun not went out of time he still would have thumped me pretty good....

Checked the results and there is one of the Missing Masters I was looking for .....Jack Grahm who by the way is sitting at 94+% 1 more good run and there will be 2 Revolver GMs :rolleyes:

So thinking forward to this year.....

Jerry M, Rudy W, Jack G, Hopalong, and who else ?

with talent like the first 3 have there would be real good prelude to USPSA Nationals and at least 1 also ran.. :lol:

But seriously, This match will be where the Big Dawgs in Revo will battle it out and all that want a part of it need to make the trip down to Shreveport in June.

Looking forward to Florida Open but really looking forward to Area - 4 this year (That is after saying I would not be back, yes I will eat crow it won't be the first time) <_<

Hope to keep the interest up, Maybe even SmittyFL will lay the flat side down.....

Nah not likely but it sounds good. ;)

See you at the range somewhere, sometime.

Sam / Hop