Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading for a Glock 22.

ksshooter

I have my Dillon dies on hand and my RL550 is ready to go. Now I only need to go and pick my brand new Glock 22 up. However after reading many postes on this site and others I am getting paranoid about reloading for it or at least reloading my fired brass numerous times.

My use or purpouse is to load practice rounds in either 180gn or 165gn. I should clarify practice rounds as self protection/duty rounds. I will be sticking with Hodgdon Tightgroup powder due to having a lot on hand. Unfortunatly Hodgdon's site doesn't list a load for the 165gn bullet. I figure I will just work my load up to about 800 fps? I wan't a mild load that isn't going to overwork my brass. I can't afford a new barrel right now so what are my options. Toss the brass which I don't want to do after any less than 10x fired approx? What are your thoughts.

Also what should I look for after many firings of this brass is it obvious or do you guys have to take a caliper to measure the brass to a certain point, see if fired case will fit in a case gauge? Or will it be obvious as to split cases and or something else obvious? Thanks ahead of time.

There will be a small bubble on the case near the rim. I can get once fired .40 brass (mostley fired from glocks) from my police range and buddies and just leave it. Some people pick it up and use a case-pro on it. If you get used brass you can run into some problems. I would stick to factory ammo for self-defense. If you worried about recoil hydra-shok makes self-defense loads which are mild. If you load the 165gr @ approx. 800 fps that is a mild load (non-major for ipsc).