Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

550 Casefeeder

I load 100 primers into the tube and 200-300 cases into the feeder. When there are 4 primers left, the alarm sounds. Stop and add more primers, or just stop after 4 more. Just pull the empty cases from station 2 as the last few loaded rounds are dropping into the bin.

Not to hijack, but do you like the case feeder on a 550? Does it really speed up the process or is it more noticeable on the 650?

I have a case feeder since it came out...I like it on all calibers but its terrible on 45ACP by design it tends

to slam the bass into the die causing a slow down

Is there a way to temperarly stop the cases from feeding into the shell plate? If I only load 100 primers and happen to put in 110 cases in, I would like to be able to stop the cases from feeding when I run out of primers.

I try to turn the power off just in time to end the cycle

Edited by SonnyCrockett

Not to hijack, but do you like the case feeder on a 550? Does it really speed up the process or is it more noticeable on the 650?

I have a case feeder since it came out...I like it on all calibers but its terrible on 45ACP by design it tends

to slam the bass into the die causing a slow down

Is there a way to temperarly stop the cases from feeding into the shell plate? If I only load 100 primers and happen to put in 110 cases in, I would like to be able to stop the cases from feeding when I run out of primers.

I try to turn the power off just in time to end the cycle

Appreciate the info, will def. look into it now!