Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P Trinity compatable with Racemaster STI insert ?

SMS2

Hi,

I am in need of some advice from those of you who have the Phoenix Trinity SS Grip with the DAA Racemaster holster with STI insert.

I just ordered 2 Phoenix Trinity SS Aggressive grips and have 4 complete rigs set up with DAA Racemaster Holsters. 2 of the holsters have the STI insert for the polymer grip. My question is once you installed the PT SS grip did it still fit and function in the Racemaster with the STI insert or did you have to change or modify your existing STI insert.

Also I am installing SVI triggers for both PT grips. I was anticipating USING the tri-glide and was wondering if those that did the change themselves had to do any modifications to the trigger or bow. PT told me they are designed to accept the SV trigger w/o any modifications and was curious as to the real world experience.

I would also like to pass on my experience with the new upgraded DAA Racemaster MAGNETIC insert. I ordered 1 STI magnetic insert to try before upgrading all my inserts. I can tell you that I am extremely pleased with the new magnetic insert and it completely solveed the problem the original inserts were having. There is a slide knob on the side of the holster that if not in the up position when re-holstering you have to manually lift it up so that you can re-holster your gun. This is no longer a problem as the redesign of the insert eliminates that completely as there are 2 magnets inside the insert that grip and hold your gun. You still have the ability to lock the gun in place with the same toggle switch that is on the current insert. Overall the gun re-holsters every time and with less effort, and the draw is as smooth and consistent as it was if not better.

I look forward to some feedback from those with experience on the 2 questions regarding the PT grip.

Thanks for your time.

Stephen

Hi,

I am in need of some advice from those of you who have the Phoenix Trinity SS Grip with the DAA Racemaster holster with STI insert.

Also I am installing SVI triggers for both PT grips. I was anticipating USING the tri-glide and was wondering if those that did the change themselves had to do any modifications to the trigger or bow. PT told me they are designed to accept the SV trigger w/o any modifications and was curious as to the real world experience.

Thanks for your time.

Stephen

That is REAL WORLD advise from the manufacture, listen to the people who designed it, plus your question on the holster is all over the forum , do a search, or even just look around, after you get your grips you will wonder why you didn't get them sooner...lol